Want to give your wardrobe a major boost? Take the plunge and buy yourself a hat. Stylish hats are an impeccably fashionable way to top off your outfits this winter. Whether you prefer the eternally cool fedora hats for women or a vintage inspired womens cloche hats, a stylish hat is a must-have when it comes to accessorising your outfit. I think, you’ve noticed how women fashion hats can instantly change the way you look? Your face is the first thing most people notice about you, and a hat will intensify their first impression of you. That’s why wearing a hat style that complements your personal style and face shape will help you feel confident to give off a fabulous impression. A well-chosen hat can add a strong statement to any outfit. If you want to punch up your wardrobe with a bold accessory, follow these tips to wear any hat with panache.
*Click on the links under the images to buy online!
1. Wide-Brim Hat
Paired with anything from a leather jacket to a t-shirt and jeans, the wide-brim hat gives your look an utterly polished and stylish finish.
2. Gottex Laurent Wool Wide-Brim Hat, was $120.00, NOW $39.99
2. Small-Brim and Medium-Brim Hat
Small and medium brim hats are traditionally associated with aristocracy and elegance thanks to uppercrust wearers like Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Queen Elizabeth. But these vintage-inspired styles are no longer just for high society. Ladies wear many styles of chic small hats, including cloches, fedoras, upturns, swinger hats, bucket hats and more stylish short brimmed women’s hats for weddings, black tie affairs and many other occasions.
Embrace a retro revival in a chic cloche this winter. The style is extremely elegant and perfect for topping off a ladylike outfit.
Always a favourite, the fedora is a classic style of hat for you to wear this winter. No wardrobe is complete without one. This season try a fedora in an on-trend colour like a deep red or midnight blue.
5. Drawstring Hat
Women drawstring hats for autumn and winter wear are suitable for any face. They have very good face-lift effect. Wool blend materials are comfortable and soft.
6. Floppy Hat
Nothing says mysterious quite like a wide-brimmed floppy hat. Choose one in a wool-felt material for winter.
General Guidelines for Wearing a Hat
Wear a hat that complements the shape of your face and body type:
1. If your face is round, choose a hat that has a broad brim to balance out the fullness of your face. Those with round faces should avoid rounded crowns. Wear a headband or scarf under your hat so you can angle it, which will add length to your face. Longer earrings also help.
2. If your face is long, choose a softer design or something with movement, like feathers. Also wider brims will be more flattering.
3. For a square-shaped face, choose an asymmetrical hat to balance the angle of your jawline. Emphasize your eyes to draw attention away from it.
4. People with heart-shaped faces are the luckiest. They can carry off almost any type of hat.
5. Newsboys and medium brim hats look good on most people.
6. Larger women should avoid small hats that look out of proportion to the shape of their bodies.
7. Small women should avoid very large hats that overpower them.
Connect your hat to your outfit:
1. If you’re wearing a dress with a peacock pattern, then try a hat with a jaunty peacock feather to unify the outfit. However, if your hat is bold, tone down accessories like jewelry, so that you don’t look garish.
2. Wear a woven hat with a good pair of worn-in jeans and a simple white blouse.
3. Throw on a dark brown wide-brimmed fedora to break up your all-black outfit.
4. Don’t match your fedora too perfectly with your all-brown outfit.
5. Wear a floppy felt hat with a fall-inspired look. It may add a great final touch to crop top and long camel coat.
6. Sometimes step out of the box and wear a suit with a matching fedora.
7. Wear a statement-making hat to a fancy event that calls for it.
8. Develop a signature hat style. Rock a tilted fedora and black sunglasses, and it works.
9. Don’t add a hat to an already complicated outfit.
Turn off your ad blocker to view content.