Your special events just got a lot more special with gorgeous offerings from such designers as Givenchy, Armani Collezioni, Vera Wang, Halston Heritage, Kay Unger, ML Monique Lhuillier, etc. Following are the looks at what styles and trends you should invest your money in: the dresses using delicate laces, intricate needlework full of originality and elegant draping, refined materials, including silk chiffon, panne velvet and silk jersey.
*Click on the links under the images to buy online!
1. An avant-garde gown with adjustable crisscross draping, finished with a plunging racerback for added allure.
2. A graceful pairing of opulent velvet and dramatic puff sleeves.
1. Givenchy Crisscross Racerback Jersey Gown, was $2,475.00, NOW $619.99
2. Armani Collezioni Velvet Puff-Sleeve Gown, was $2,645.00, NOW $659.99
Long evening dresses are the appropriate fit for formal wear, prom, homecoming, bridesmaid and ‘black tie attire’ occasions. They come in several gorgeous styles, but usually share a similar trait which is the length: long, swiping the floor.
1. This semi-sheer, illusion evening gown is positively ethereal, designed with floral lace in a softly shimmering metallic that gives way to a full skirt with pearlescent stripe detail.
2. Artful pleating details enhance the form-flattering silhouette of this elegant sweetheart gown in lustrous tulle.
Your choice of ladies evening dresses should depend on the formality of the event. If it’s a conservative and formal occasion then covering up your shoulders with a shawl is a must. Otherwise you can go for sexy styles (such as side split, side cuts) that show off more skin and demand attention.
1. A stunning floor-length gown with an alluring neckline and organza back.
2. Sheer stripes create an eye-catching silhouette with sexy cross-back straps.
1. Vera Wang Organza-Back Gown, was $368.00, NOW $169.99
2. Alice + Olivia Ida Cross-Back Maxi Dress, was $396.00, NOW $99.99
Dark colors are popular and acceptable choices for formal attire because they portray a sophisticated and classy image. But again, it depends on the formality.
1. Matte stretch jersey is styled for head-turning elegance in a figure-skimming silhouette, with flattering twist front and cutout detail.
2. Fine, precise pleats subtly sharpen this flowing, trapeze-cut gown with textural dimension, adding interest to the minimalist take on evening glamour.
Also if you want to stand out from the crowd you can wear formal evening dresses in just about any color.
1. An abstract-printed ball skirt lends an artful finish to this mixed-media gown.
2. A solid bodice keeps all eyes on the brilliantly colorful florals on the voluminous skirt of this entrance-making gown.
1. Delicate, sequined lace covers a dreamy gown with a printed underlay.
2. A dramatic high-low hem contemporizes a vintage-chic gown with romantic floral embroidery.
1. Vera Wang Sequin Lace Overlay gown, was $398.00, NOW $189.99
2. ABS Embroidered Ballroom A-Line Gown, was $380.00, NOW $149.99
1. Floral embellishment on airy chiffon sweetens this illusion-top gown.
2. A subtle twist tops this statuesque empire-waist gown.
1. Adrianna Papell Embellished Illusion Top Gown, was $370.00, NOW $164.99
2. Vera Wang Twist-Front Keyhole Gown, was $298.00, NOW $134.99
1. A dramatic ombre design in a beautifully gathered, sweeping silhouette.
2. A precision-cut lace gown with a gathered skirt for a voluminous silhouette.
1. MILLY Chiffon Strapless Ombre Gown, was $525.00, NOW $129.99
2. Vera Wang Lace Gown, was $508.00, NOW $129.99
1. Understated luxury in figure-flattering matte jersey with gathered detailing at the waist.
2. Delicate illusion mesh straps underline a feminine sweetheart silhouette.
1. Halston Heritage Matte Jersey Side-Slit Gown, was $495.00, NOW $124.99
2. Vera Wang Illusion-Strap Sweetheart Gown, was $298.00, NOW $129.99
1. A ruched bodice and strappy back define this jersey-knit gown.
2. A demure neckline balances a sultry open-back design.
1. Vera Wang Ruched Jersey Gown, was $278.00, NOW $119.99
2. Vera Wang Poppy Open-Back Gown, was $288.00, NOW $129.99
1. Shirred and sheer, this diva-like gown of diaphanous chiffon is at once soft and sexy.
2. A svelte gown of smooth jersey crowned with beading at the neck.
1. Calvin Klein Shirred Open-Back Chiffon Gown, was $199.00, NOW $99.99
2. Patra Beaded Halterneck Keyhole Gown, was $219.00, NOW $99.99
1. Cutout sides create an alluring hourglass silhouette in this slinky v-neck gown.
2. A pintucked body lends texture to a high-contrast column gown.
1. BCBGMAXAZRIA Valentina Cutout Gown, was $298.00, NOW $99.99
2. Calvin Klein Cap-Sleeve Colorblock Pintuck Dress, was $194.00, NOW $99.99
1. A sheer overlay featuring tiers of intricate beading heightens the elegance of this column-style maxi dress, finished with a defined waist.
2. Shaped in glistening metallic jacquard, this strapless gown features a feminine sweetheart neckline and gently pleated waist to enhance this elegant, floor-length silhouette.
1. This striking satin sheath in a slim-fitting silhouette flaunts an asymmetrical sheer georgette overlay with elegant twist front and pleat-detailed back.
2. A pleated peplum beautifully complements the modern cutouts of this commanding gown.
1. Rhinestones, beads and petal appliqués embellish the illusion yoke of this stunning chiffon design, with twist front, ruched bodice and an open back over a long, flowing skirt.
2. Shoulder-baring design enhances the feminine allure of this floor-sweeping dress, decorated in a garden floral print.
1. Sheer beaded panels frame the bodice of this sophisticated pastel gown, tailored from fluid jersey.
2. Behold, the lovely collision of colors and fabrics that this Teri Jon gown.
1. Abstract embroidery lends an artful element to this fluid, floor-length tulle gown.
2. Elegant draped styling defines this sleek printed chiffon gown.
1. A sultry plunging neckline and pleat-within-a-pleat detail distinguish this sweeping dress, finished with an embellished waist.
2. A twisted front detail creates visual interest on this floor-sweeping silhouette for show-stopping glamour.
An elegant goddess gown in draped chiffon, defined at the waist with a slender satin band.
1. Bold stripes structure the hem of this elegant strapless gown, finished with an airy overlay bodice.
2. Light-catching rhinestones spark the double spaghetti straps of this flowing popover style, poised with a free-hemmed bodice over a flowing floor-length skirt.
1. Chic vertical straps add sharp contrast to the open back of this ethereal gown, styled with a slight blouson bodice over an A-line skirt with sexy front slit.
2. Crafted in billowy silk, a faux-wrap design creates elegant draping on this floor-sweeping silhouette.
1. A fluid gown cut from lustrous satin accented with mesh cutout detailing.
2. Light-catching beaded embellishment frames the bodice of this richly dyed jersey gown, finished with alluring side cut-outs.
1. ABS Satin One-Shoulder Cutout Gown, was $470.00, NOW $46.97
Have a nice shopping!